Hope you’re doing well and thanks for stopping by to learn a little bit about me.
The quick and short of it is I’m a person that loves technology. I’ve always found computers and related technology fascinating. I knew I wanted to do something in IT from an early age. I took my passion for technology, and turned it into a career starting in 2002.
Over that time I’ve had the opportunity to work with so many different technologies. While the technologies have evolved overtime, my passion for technology has held strong.
Utilizing automation techniques has been perpetual in my career. Whether installing Windows with an unattended floppy disk. Or deploying an entire platform with IaC. I love the the process of automating and architecting things.
Beyond the technology, I enjoy mentoring and passing on my knowledge. That is part of the reason I started this blog.
Thanks again for taking a moment to learn a little bit about me. I’ve jotted down a few other details below incase you’re interested.
Below is a list of different positions I’ve worked in sequential order.
- Technical Support (Phone based)
- Desktop Support
- Jr. Systems Administrator
- Sr. Systems Administrator
- Sr. Systems Engineer
- Sr. Systems / Infrastructure Architect
- Manager of Systems Administration
- Operations Engineer III
- Sr. DevOps / Cloud Architect
As for specific technologies, there are way too many to list and it would be a bit boring if I did. Instead, I’ll list out some areas I have a lot of experience in.
- Automation via scripting and IaC.
- PowerShell has been my scripting language of choice for over a decade.
- Cloud (Azure / Microsoft 365)
- Database Administration
- Enterprise Storage (SAN / NAS)
- Microsoft based servers and desktops
- Software deployment
- Virtualization (VMware and some Hyper-V)
While my primary passion is IT, there are other things I’m into.
- Working out: Mostly weight lifting, but I also swim a decent amount.
- Woodworking: Although this is a more recent hobby, it’s one I’m slowly getting into more. At the moment, I’m mostly making a lot of sawdust and scrap wood, but I hope to get better over time.
- Motorcycling: I have a Yamaha Niken GT, and I’ve been riding for a couple of years now. I don’t ride as much as I used to, and honestly it’s something I’ve thought about giving up. I enjoyed the challenge of learning a new skill, but it’s one I don’t have time to keep as honed as I should.
- Cars / Trucks: While I don’t own anything worth writing about, I enjoy reading / watching about cars trucks. One day I’m hoping to get a Corvette. Not so much to track it, but to whip through some nice back roads.
- Movies / TV: I’m always up for a good movie or some TV after a long day. Favorite movies would be Starwars, Lord of the Rings / The Hobbit, new Bond series (Pierce on up), and the Rambo / Rocky series.
- Beer: I love a great beer, and I love all sorts. Anything from a light Pilsner to a reasonably strong stout.
- Food: I always make it a point to try different foods when I’m in a new area.
- Gardening: Similar to woodworking, this is something I’ve tried for the first time in 2021. Hoping to get better at it over the years.
- Location: I live in Quakertown, PA and have for my whole life, other than 1 year in Hatfield, PA.
- Family: I’m married to my high school sweetheart and we have two great kids.
- Pets: My family (not me), has three bearded dragons, one leopard gecko, a russian torties and one @$$hole cat.
The best way to reach out to me is either via LinkedIn or Twitter.